DPSCS Careers for Veterans
Maryland State Government appreciates the value of the experience you gained while serving our country. This page contains resources Maryland provides to returning veterans - employment opportunities, veteran services, upcoming events and more.
While veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments, the following recruitments may be especially suitable for those with a military background.
- Correctional Maintenance Officer I, Electrical
- Correctional Maintenance Officer I, Plumbing
- Correctional Maintenance Officer I, Refrigeration Mechanic
- Correctional Maintenance Officer I, Stationary Engineer 1st Grade
- Correctional Maintenance Officer I Steamfitting
- Correctional Dietary Officer I, Cooking
Special Info About CDO I Jobs
- Correctional Officer I
Special Info About CO I Jobs
To assist you in determining appropriate job families within Maryland State Government, we have provided crosswalks (or careers in the military service followed by a comparable state employment classification) to recommend positions for which you may qualify based on your military service.
Visit our State Jobs page and review job announcements currently open. Make sure you meet the necessary minimum qualifications prior to applying as different positions require different levels of education and experience. Below is a chart of military occupations and corresponding state job families. This is not a comprehensive list of all crosswalks but a large sample.
Crosswalk - Military and Maryland State Job Classifications
- Warrior to Worker Initiative
- Lt. Governor Brown Announces New Campaign for Veteran Services
- Am I eligible for veteran's credit?
- Delivering for our Veterans
- Maryland One-Stop Career Centers
- Military Personnel and Spouses Relocating to Maryland - PROVET
- Maryland Department of Veteran Affairs
- Maryland Veteran Services
- National Resource Directory